NBC Spartan Sports Complex
I had the privilege of working with Rick Rettler, Jeff Bahling and Luke Madden from concept to reality on our NBC Spartan Sports Complex. The outstanding communication, high level of professionalism and vast knowledge the Rettler Team brought to our project was fantastic!
The School District of Superior had a vision for a multi-use facility that would offer students, athletes, fans, and the community a safe, comfortable venue for extended year-round sports as well as regional events. The School District of Superior wanted a venue that would increase participation in school athletic programs. The more students that participate in school athletics means more students learning the value of respect, integrity, teamwork, and responsibility. Rettler helped The School District of Superior turn their vision into a reality.
Rettler Corporation and the school district jointly planned the project over a 5 year process. Master Planning and development of a new sports complex including a running track, 5 competition tennis courts and synthetic turf field stadium and synthetic turf baseball and softball stadiums.
- Track and field stadium include 8 lane 400 meter running track, 9 sprint lanes, all-weather running surface, running and throwing events.
- Synthetic football and soccer field. 3,000 elevated accessible seating, 2 team rooms, large two tiered press box, 4 pole lighting system, full sound system and scoreboard. Ticket booth and arch entry.
- Baseball and softball stadium includes a multiuse synthetic turf field.
- High school varsity baseball field, softball field and football field are all synthetic turf. Full fencing, block masonry dugouts, sound system, two level scorers booth, warning track, full lighting and scoreboard.
- Bleacher seating for 350, plus additional open hard surface for spectators.
- The facility offers a 3,500 sq. ft. concession, restroom/storage building.
- Concession area has a full service kitchen, 3 serving windows and counters, 14′ overhang and picnic area, and storage for booster club sales, outdoor grills, etc. The building also provides a large donor wall thanking and recognizing efforts of local business and community members assisting in funding of the project.